Hi. It's been a while. Over a year to be precise.
I guess I should fill you all in a little bit. Since I've last written: I graduated high school, traveled to Italy and Croatia, packed up my life in Virginia, moved to central New York, and now have just one month left of my freshman year at Syracuse University.
...it's crazy how fast time can pass by you.
Even though I strayed away from this platform, I haven't stopped writing. I am a writer for Syracuse's The Odyssey Online community and have gotten involved in SU's premiere fashion and lifestyle magazine, University Girl.
Although I love being involved in those publications, I have missed Dearly Danielle, dearly (bad pun intended). This blog is my baby. I'm in charge and get to call the shots and that is something so freeing and cathartic to me. I wish I'd kept up with my blog throughout this past school year, but I have no regrets and am choosing to focus on the future, rather than dwell on the past.
This summer, onward, is finally the time for Dearly Danielle to shine.
I recently had a sort of "revelation" or "epiphany", if you will. I decided that I need to stop being so passive. I'm only in college for four short years, and the first is practically coming to a close, so I need to work passionately and whole-heartedly towards my goals.
I want to graduate Syracuse being able to look back fondly on my four years. I want to be proud of what I've accomplished, and not feel like I wasted the time I've had here.
I'm so lucky to attend a program at the top of its kind and I need to take advantage of all it has to offer me. No longer will I sit passively watching the days go by. I want -- need -- to make something out of myself.
For my whole life up until now, I always placed myself in the background, but not anymore.
The name "Danielle Sterling" will be known at the end of my four years here, and I will be proud to be behind that name.
So although this blog post sounds more like something that would be seen around New Years, I say screw that. There's never a wrong time in life to want to make a change about yourself.
Readers of Dearly Danielle, never fear, you won't have to wait a whole year and four months for another blog post, because I will now be posting regularly again.
I am so excited for you all to go along on this ride with me.
Until next time.
-D



No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!